ISDCF meeting Schedule:
Tuesday January 29, 2019 (in person at Universal 10:30-2:30pm)
February 25/26 Audio Immersive Plugfest
Wednesday Feb 27 ISDCF
Wednesday April 17, 2019 ISDCF
Lunches are now provided by Intersociety - become a member of Intersociety by going to: http://www.intersociety.org/become-a-member/
Main ISDCF 10:30 AM-2:30 PM
Lunch 12 PM - 12:30 PM ish
https://www.startmeeting.com/wall/709-805-578 or http://startmeeting.com/wall/share
Dial (530) 881-1212 Meeting ID: 709-805-578
VOIP is available at the wall
DRAFT Main Meeting Agenda - January 29, 2010
Part 1: Reporting
* Housekeeping: Sign-In
* Thank you Universal/Intersociety for Snacks!
* Thank you Eikon for lunch!
* Thank you Universal for the facility and parking
* Legal reminder / press reminder
* Chatham House Rule:
* When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
* Meeting notes (approval)
* Organizational issues
* InterSociety request to be a member! See front page of ISDCF website. Please Join Inter-Society! $500 per company per year / $100 individual membership.
* Select Dates for next meetings (lunch: January ’19 - Eikon)
Part 2: Real Work
Update to SMPTE standards - status and direction?
Immersive audio plugfest
Planning for February 26/27 Plugfest
DCP distribution document
DCI Draft Documents
Brazil Sign Language
Reference sizing charts
Design of next set of SMPTE-DCP test content
Updates to B2.1 content - see breadcrumbs
isdcf dot com link to HFR test content - is it still good?
Studio Not Specified: NULL - Really?
Name for Episodic - EPS
Fixing the Studio Names…
IAB Immersive Audio Bitstream as a new entry
Clean up of page for Audio in Naming Convention
TDL List management - how to get updates to all TDL owners?
Need for a tutorial for theater operators of options. Need a common naming method for services provided.
Any upcoming special formats?
Action Items from December 11, 2018
1. Please Join Inter-Society! http://isdcf.com/ISDCF/membership-status.html $500 per company per year, $100 individual membership.
2. Comscore to contact Christie for information on TCC2 upgrade options
3. Pierce will send the next “nastygram” to exhibitors that need to be upgraded in February 2019.
4. Get a new version of SMPTE-DCP B2.1 with fixed CPL.
5. Upload new versions of the framing charts in smaller size packages.
8. DTS has additional content to post for immersive audio.
9. Fix link for Fraunhofer immersive audio test content.
10.It would be good to have standard Atmos Test Content (a trailer) from a studio packaged in an immersive audio standard DCP.
11.Move ISDCF Document 14 Digital Delivery of DCP’s to final on the website.
12.Contact NATO on methods of posting of movie times for automatic retrieval.
15.Clean up the Studio Codes for the “Studio Description” in the naming convention spreadsheet for use in CPL metadata.
From Earlier Meetings:
16.Call meeting to create common language for TDL/KDM management in anticipation of creating an educational series.
17.Create a presentation for education of exhibitors on the options to report changes of equipment.
Equipment vendor updates
Testing sync / data transfer testing.
Test material breadcrumbs:
Mods that would make it even better
1) The audio for the LFE channel could have some low frequency rumble - the brickwall filter works well and we don’t hear anything in the room.
2) Lc and Rc (Left Center and Right Center) were both heard in the theater during 7.1 playback. We felt that it was OK that we heard those channels, but the text says “should not be heard.” We think the language could be “Left Center - Might not be heard” and “Right Center - Might not be heard” So that would be in the text and voice speaking.
3) Not an issue with the DCP part, but we didn’t have all the text on the screen - meaning it wasn’t framed right. We COULD (maybe not) add a scope frame around the border to let folks know they are seeing all the pixels. This is turning into a really nice piece of test content, why not make it better.
4) There is a need for test content with a sign language video track as per ISDCF documents.
5) There is a need for a SMPTE object based audio track.
We should test language codes for subtitles at next plugfest. One CPL with only one closed caption (CC) track. One with two CC tracks (EN and EN-UK). A playlist with first CPL with CC EN, second CPL with CC FR. A playlist with first CPL with CC EN, Second CPL with two CC tracks EN-GP and FR.
Part 3: “Parking Lot” (things that are in remission)
New ISDCF Document: “Delivery of non standard extension content for Digital Cinema” (Dean/Jerry)
Need for an ISDCF recommended practice for what to expect in the CPL metadata. It will point to the appropriate SMPTE documents for the true authority, but it is targeted at general users (exhibitors) for layman language on what is in the metadata. (Steve/Jerry will revisit)
Subgroup to edit / recommend changes for Document 12 - RP for Ingest Behavior - Steve L to lead, Dean B, John H, Mike R, Jim W, Chris W, Bill E “volunteered” to participate.
Event Cinema Automation -
Europe Subtitles burned in … Problem with trailers - Readdress after move to SMPTE has been completed.
Subtitle RPL - Multiple RPL topic in SMPTE
-Measurement of 3D Brightness - update? No solution seen? Is there anything that we can do in this area? Let Peter Wilson keep moving forward.
-*Standards for SMPTE for in-theater issues