ISDCF meeting Schedule:
ISDCF Wednesday July 31, 2019
ISDCF Wednesday October 2, 2019
Immersive Audio Plugfest November 18/19, 2019
ISDCF November 20, 2019
NATO/ISDCF Image Testing (as built) November 21/22, 2019
Lunches are now provided by Intersociety - become a member of Intersociety by going to: Membership Page
Main ISDCF 10:30 AM-2:30 PM
Lunch 12 PM - 12:30 PM ish
https://www.startmeeting.com/wall/709-805-578 or http://startmeeting.com/wall/share
Dial (530) 881-1212 Meeting ID: 709-805-578
VOIP is available at the wall
DRAFT Main Meeting Agenda - July 31, 2019
Part 1: Reporting
* Housekeeping: Sign-In
* Thank you Universal/Intersociety for Snacks!
* Thank you Universal for the facility and parking
* Legal reminder / press reminder
* Chatham House Rule:
* When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
* Meeting notes (approval)
* Organizational issues
* No drive on after noon day before ISDCF meeting
* InterSociety request to be a member! See front page of ISDCF website. Please Join Inter-Society! $500 per company per year / $100 individual membership.
* Select Dates for next meetings (lunch: BACK TO ISDCF - Thank you for your membership!)
Part 2: Real Work
ISDCF Immersive Audio
August / September?
First weekend past SMPTE… results?
Update to SMPTE standards - B2.1 documentation - status and direction?
Updates made for OV in the region section. (Thanks Kirsten)
Building a list - gathering information
High Frame Rate Status
Reference sizing charts
Design of next set of SMPTE-DCP test content
Updates to B2.1 content - see breadcrumbs
isdcf dot com link to HFR test content - is it still good?
Laser / /direct view updates?
Any upcoming special formats?
Action Items from February 27, 2019
1. Please Join Inter-Society isdcf dot com /ISDCF/membership-status dot html $500 per company per year, $100 individual membership.
2. Provide language for John Fithian to consider for his opening comments to CinemaCon.
3. Add “OV” into the naming convention for region code.
4. Make a test package with slightly different content in the CPL Content Title Text, TKL text, etc for testing at the next plugfest or to conduct a field test of systems to see where the user displayed content is from for different TMS/Servers.
5. Set up a TDL discussion list as part of ISDCF for conversations on TDL.
From Last Meetings:
6. Post new versions of the framing charts.
7. Pierce will send the next “nastygram” to exhibitors that need to be upgraded in March 2019.
8. Get a new version of SMPTE-DCP B2.1 with fixed CPL.
Equipment vendor updates
Testing sync / data transfer testing.
Test material breadcrumbs:
Mods that would make it even better
1) The audio for the LFE channel could have some low frequency rumble - the brickwall filter works well and we don’t hear anything in the room.
2) Lc and Rc (Left Center and Right Center) were both heard in the theater during 7.1 playback. We felt that it was OK that we heard those channels, but the text says “should not be heard.” We think the language could be “Left Center - Might not be heard” and “Right Center - Might not be heard” So that would be in the text and voice speaking.
3) Not an issue with the DCP part, but we didn’t have all the text on the screen - meaning it wasn’t framed right. We COULD (maybe not) add a scope frame around the border to let folks know they are seeing all the pixels. This is turning into a really nice piece of test content, why not make it better.
4) There is a need for test content with a sign language video track as per ISDCF documents.
5) There is a need for a SMPTE object based audio track.
We should test language codes for subtitles at next plugfest. One CPL with only one closed caption (CC) track. One with two CC tracks (EN and EN-UK). A playlist with first CPL with CC EN, second CPL with CC FR. A playlist with first CPL with CC EN, Second CPL with two CC tracks EN-GP and FR.
Part 3: “Parking Lot” (things that are in remission)
New ISDCF Document: “Delivery of non standard extension content for Digital Cinema” (Dean/Jerry)
Need for an ISDCF recommended practice for what to expect in the CPL metadata. It will point to the appropriate SMPTE documents for the true authority, but it is targeted at general users (exhibitors) for layman language on what is in the metadata. (Steve/Jerry will revisit)
Subgroup to edit / recommend changes for Document 12 - RP for Ingest Behavior - Steve L to lead, Dean B, John H, Mike R, Jim W, Chris W, Bill E “volunteered” to participate.
Event Cinema Automation -
Europe Subtitles burned in … Problem with trailers - Readdress after move to SMPTE has been completed.
Subtitle update - still issue with 4K png to deliver to 2K projector rendered subtitles. DCI errata has been issued clarifying the matter. SMPTE discussion for additional descriptors to add to define PNG sizes. Some edge cases may not be rendered without additional descriptors.
Subtitle RPL - Multiple RPL topic in SMPTE
-Measurement of 3D Brightness - update? No solution seen? Is there anything that we can do in this area? Let Peter Wilson keep moving forward.
-*Standards for SMPTE for in-theater issues